Good afternoon to everyone and I hope you enjoyed your Canada Day Holiday weekend.
So as you are all aware our race-day entries have been down considerably this season and this effects our income and our means of paying our financial obligations, LKA has committed to providing our members with a 10 race season and has committed to Insurance, Marshalls, Medics and scoring along with all our other race day logistics that we need to put on a season.
Our Race day costs are very minimal and we need 25 entries to cover our costs.
I don’t know if you all realize but there is a small group of volunteers behind the scenes that puts this all together for you The member and when you don’t participate it makes it very hard on these people to come up with alternate ways of covering our financial obligations and remember they are all volunteers.
So last Thursday night we called an emergency meeting to discuss the future of the season and what we could do to get racers to commit and attract new racers so that we can sustain a financially viable organization and here are some items we came up with effective immediately starting with race #5
• Race day fees increase to $80.00 per entry
• Double header weekend has been cut in half and we will have Race#5 on Sunday July 9th as a normal race weekend with practice on Saturday.
• We still have some race day sponsorships available,$550.00 pays for the trophies with your business name on them as well as prerace promo along with supporting the banquet with your name on our year end Tee shirts, contact email@example.com
• As of last race Owen has closed the snack shack ,we would like to thank Owen for his Years of commitment he made to providing us good food and drink on race days and this brings up another issue we need someone to take over operating the snack shack on race days, if you are interested or know someone that might be contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
• LKA promo at the Fair, Annie Craig is spearheading a major promotional campaign during fair time and she needs volunteers to help with this ,we do have some neat stuffed planed and we do need lots of help so please contact Annie email@example.com
• As many of you know this is Gords last season of running LKA and we will need some help to replace him, if you are interested in being on the executive and helping LKA succeed in the future then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org ,all the hard works been done and the right group of people will have no problem running and maintaining the association.
Its not all doom and gloom if all you racers just show up to race, we have built the best facility and have the most professional run events in club racing so come out and show your support.